Network infrastructures have traditionally been created with components and solutions. These components and solutions were optimized for their intended performance, such as speed, bandwidth, threat handling, or service deployment. They effectively provide the necessary connectivity and network services to run the business.
Today, however, we have the Internet of Everything. The number of devices, clouds, and items connected to the network are expected to increase greatly. To help your enterprise overcome the impending complexity and promote business growth, you must start simplifying your network infrastructure now.
Delivery and orchestration of network services must work on a larger scale but be simple enough for rapid deployment. Instead of operating the enterprise network infrastructure on a device-by-device basis, the infrastructure should be accessed through a centralized point of control. IT should adopt a more automated provisioning model of the entire network as single entity to quickly respond to new growth opportunities.
The Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE) Enterprise Networks Architecture can help.
Capture New Business Opportunities
The Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture transforms IT through an open, programmable, and application-centric platform. This architecture helps you take advantage of new business opportunities through:
• Connected mobile experiences
• Cloud services
• User-developed applications
You can increase business agility and quickly deploy advanced services through superior network programmability enabled through the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Enterprise Module. This architecture also helps protect your existing network investment because it is built with a comprehensive and industry-leading portfolio for:
BYOD and Mobility
Turn the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend and mobility into a competitive advantage. Give employees tools and applications to improve their own performance. Provide a superior mobile experience for your customers, deepen customer loyalty, and increase profitability.
Managed Cloud Services
Enhance the application experience of your private, hybrid, and public cloud deployments. Use the intelligent capabilities of the network to improve cloud service and application delivery.
Optimal Application Experiences
Give users a highly secure connection to applications anywhere. Application-centric networking reduces bandwidth consumption, lowers latency, and simplifies management.
Connected Mobile Experiences
Better connect with customers and enhance their experience. Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences use advanced mobile capabilities and location-based services.
IT Simplicity and Programmability
Engage customers and facilitate purchasing through new applications and services. Open APIs and programmability help provide extensive access to network resources across the wider enterprise.
The Internet of Everything is creating many business opportunities. Your network infrastructure must evolve to capture them. You need a new architecture to automatically provision and rapidly deploy network services and applications.
By building on the Cisco Borderless Networks architecture, the Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture transforms IT through a platform that is:
Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture goes beyond software-defined networking with a larger-scale approach to network programmability. This architecture increases network agility and performance, while making the best use of existing network resources.
Network Application Layer
The Network Application Layer provides:
• An open application ecosystem to propel innovation, resulting in lower risk, easier integration, and lower TCO
• A range of applications across the cloud, mobility, and security, promoting innovation, faster cloud migration, and easy deployment
• Mutually aware networks and applications, resulting in application-optimized networks and network-optimized applications
• Network analytics available to all applications to offer insight and promote new business models
The Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Enterprise Module is the network control layer of the Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE) Enterprise Networks Architecture. The controller simplifies configuration and provisioning of networks for application economy.
Through programmability, the controller automates network configuration and can enable IT to rapidly respond to new business opportunities. The controller optimally provisions services, such as security, , and WAN path optimization throughout the enterprise network.
The Cisco APIC Enterprise Module:
• Massively simplifies configuration and provisioning
• Automates security and threat remediation across the network end to end
• Can enable rapid network troubleshooting through automation
• Delivers business intelligence centrally for business growth
• Promotes rapid innovation through open APIs and programmability
The Control Layer also supports APIs such as:
• Cisco Open Network Environment Platform Kit (onePK) for extensive Cisco network intelligence
• OpenFlow for standards-based interoperability
• Command-line interface (CLI) to help protect your existing deployment investment
Network Element Layer
The Network Element Layer is comprised of a comprehensive set of devices across routing and switching, wired and wireless, physical and virtual networks with:
• Industry-leading, most widely deployed, Cisco IOS Software and programmable Cisco application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs)
• Support for the open APIs OpenFlow and onePK
• CLI as a programmable API so that both new and existing deployments can be supported by the Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture
Increase Business Opportunities
The Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture helps you take advantage of new business opportunities through:
Increase your business agility and quickly deploy advanced services through superior network programmability. Help protect your existing network investment with an architecture built with the industry-leading portfolio for: