Cisco Unified Data Center architecture offers a holistic approach to the design, operation, and delivery of IT services. This approach makes it easier for IT to integrate existing technology silos and:
• Respond more quickly to business demands
• Reduce capital expenditures and operating expenses
• Simplify IT operations
Cisco Unified Data Center provides exceptional architectural flexibility in enterprise or service provider environments. This unified framework supports
diverse data center goals, such as:
• Consolidation and virtualization
• Private cloud computing
• Application or infrastructure-as-a-service
• Big data
Proven Business Value
Cisco has been shipping data center components since 2007. In that time, numerous customer endorsements have offered evidence of the business value that Cisco data center solutions can create, including:
• Increased revenues of 20 to 28 percent in one year for technology company AlmavivA TSF
• Reduced operational costs by 30 percent and capital costs by 20 percent for Winterflood Securities
• Savings of well over 90 percent per blade chassis for Technical University Berlin
Forrester Consulting conducted a study in March 2011 of five Cisco customers. On average, the “composite organization” realized a three-year risk-adjusted ROI of 177% with Cisco UCS. This chart shows the sum of capital and operational savings attained by the five organizations.
Cisco’s Unified Data Center provides a complete architecture platform including products and solutions in three critical areas:
The Unified Management component of Cisco’s data center architecture features automation, orchestration, and lifecycle management to simplify deployment and operation of physical/bare metal, virtual, and cloud infrastructure. Cisco assists IT departments with developing a self-service portal and service catalog to quickly deliver on-demand IT services to support business initiatives.
The Unified Fabric component of Cisco’s data center architecture delivers high-performance data and storage networking to simplify deployment, help ensure quality of experience, and reduce operating costs. Cisco’s integrated network services provide high-speed connectivity and high-availability, increase application performance, and reduce security risk in multi-tenant environments.
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) anchors the Cisco data center architecture with a highly-scalable, system-level computing solution that integrates computing, access networking, and storage networking. Embedded management capabilities simplify operations across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure.
Smart, personalized services from Cisco and our authorized partners help you realize the full value of your data center investment.
Cisco Unified Data Center is the optimum platform for Cisco Hosted Collaboration solutions and the foundation of pretested and pre-configured solution stacks such as Flex Pod and Vblock Infrastructure Platforms. Open standards and APIs allow for integration and management of hardware and software solutions from Cisco ecosystem partners, providing flexibility to data center architecture.
Cisco’s Unique Value
Cisco avoids the complexity of a converged infrastructure through an innovative data center architecture designed specifically to support virtualization in the data center. Cisco Unified Data Center provides:
• Outstanding performance across physical and virtualized resources
• Cost efficiency through elimination of silos and simplification of deployment and operating tasks
• Fast deployment of a highly secure, proven infrastructure to support new business initiatives
• A broad range of storage, virtualization, application, and management alliance partners
The Unified Data Center also offers a flexible and open data center architecture that will support legacy infrastructure components, as well as delivery of IT-as-a-Service and cloud services.